New membership system from 2018
What we’re changing:
From the 1st January 2018 we will be moving to an online membership system called Paysubsonline to manage all our membership information and payments. This brings us into line with many other sports clubs including the London Frontrunners.
We have done this for two main reasons:
- Reduce admin time: With over 450 members in the club, the day to day administration is a considerable task, most of which is undertaken by just one or two people.
- Improve privacy: We are aware of how much personal data you are required to provide to the Club and want to do everything we can to secure this safely. We consider that a secure, online system, with restricted access and the ability for members to update their own personal data, is the best way to do this.
What we need you to do now:
- Firstly, please cancel any standing orders you have set up for 2018 (once you have paid your monthly fee for December). Payments under the new system will be via direct debit or credit card.
- Click here to renew your membership:
Due to the forecasted surplus in 2017 we have decided not to substantially increase fees in 2018, however there are some changes you need to be aware of:
- ASA fees: We have split the ASA fee from the club’s fee. The ASA fee goes directly to the ASA and covers membership of the ASA and insurance. By splitting this out you can decide whether you want the cheaper non-competitive membership or the more expensive competitive membership. We have reduced the club’s fees accordingly.
- Block Discount: Currently block payers receive a discount of 1.9 months per year. This has been necessary due to the extra administration required for monthly payers and to improve cash flow at the start of the financial year. We are reducing this discount for 2018 to 1.5 months.
- Paysubsonline fees: There will be a transaction fee of 2.95% when paying by direct debit or 3.95% when paying by credit card.
Note: The maximum increase for any member including ASA and transaction fee is 5%.
Please see New System Q&As (including 2018 fees) for more details and please don’t hesitate to contact me or any member of the Committee if you have further queries.
Thank you all for making Out to Swim the vibrant inclusive and dynamic club that it is and I wish you the best over the holiday season.